Monday, October 20, 2008

Please Pray with Us for Ty Edwards, a Brave Marine

Lake Barkley --- Ty Edwards, a family member, a fellow "brother" and Marine, while training troops last week in Afghanistan was ambushed and shot in the head. An update follows:

From Kay --- Hello everyone. I called and spoke this morning to Tommy Edwards. He seemed more hopeful today than last night. He said Debbie is holding up well.

They had learned a couple of additional things. When Anna's mother was coordinating with a Lt. Col. her plans to travel to Japan to pick up the kids, she learned that Ty had opened his eyes and been responsive at some point. Tommy wasn't sure whether that was in the field when he was injured, or later. But that was a hopeful sign.

Another sign of 'angels' watching over Ty is that his cousin-in-law (one of Tommy's nephews by marriage) is serving as a pilot with the Mississippi National Guard, and flies the medivac units. He was planning to look Ty up when he was in Afghanistan, and instead transported him to Germany.

Ty is safely in Germany and Anna is enroute there. When she arrives, the plan is to transport them both in the same plane to the states. That's all the details on that we have at this point.

We all know that treatment of head injuries has come a very long way in particular during this war, so we are all continuing to pray fervently that Ty's injury will be able to have good treatment, and we pray for his safe passage throughout this process.

I'm not sure where he will be located, but we are very grateful for our Miller cousin, Jake's kind offering of housing in the DC area for Ty's family, should that become helpful. Thank you, Jake.

I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Jane Preston and my husband Charles and I are friends of Ty and Anna's. Ty commanded the sword arch in our wedding and Charles and Ty known each other since they were 2nd Lts in TBS and IOC together. We are stationed in Stuttgart Germany right now and I was able to go to Landstuhl last night and see Ty and go with the Marine Liaison to get Anna and the Chaplain from the airport when they arrived from Okinawa. We were able to get Anna straight to the hospital to be with Ty. When they were getting him ready to get him on the Meddevac, she was able to get some food and a shower at the Fishcer House. A friend from their home town, Renee Jeppson, was also came to be with Anna. Everyone that I was in contact with was absolutely amazing. I am in AWE of them as they did everything so smoothly and seamlessly to make sure Anna was taken care of. Ty has the BEST Doctors in the world taking care of him, they were able to talk to Anna and let her know about Ty. Renee and I were able to be with Anna every step of the way, all the way to the flight line and watched our heros, the Marines and Navy get Ty on board and make sure that Anna was righ beside him the whole way. They should be arriving the East Coast any time now. Anna has the chaplain with her and he has been with her, by her side since leaving. Ty has amazing nurses taking care him as does Anna. As I said, I am in AWE of the incredible love, care and respect everyone at Landstuhl showed Ty and Anna. They are true heros.
May God bless Ty, Anna and Mason and Alaina. May He keep Ty safe and be there on his path to recovery. May He keep Anna strong. God Bless the Marines and Sailors who sacrifice so much to make sure heroes like Ty and Anna receive the respect and care they deserve.

christy said...

Hi. I'm also friends with Ty and Anna. I grew up in their hometown and my family is friends with both their families. Ty is a great guy and is a true hero in every sense of the word.

I have found a website that gives updates about him. It is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tyedwards

Thank you so much for posting a request for prayer for him and for his family.

God bless!
Christy Corbin

Steve White said...

Friends and Family of Ty and Anna. I served with Ty in Camp Lejeune and am currently in Quantico, Virginia. There are a lot of Marines just waiting to help Anna and Ty make it through this tough time. Anna will not be alone or without support. I only hope this gives those who can not be here some solace. We all have Ty, Anna, and their families in our prayers.

Semper Fidelis,
Steve White

Anonymous said...

I have watch Ty grow up and can vouch for the quality of the person he is. Ever since his childhood, he has wanted to be a Marine and he is. He is our Hero.

My prayers are for Ty his wife, children and Family.

God Bless

Bob Herrman

Erika S. said...

Everyone- My husband and I are friends of Ty and Anna and are living in Okinawa with them. My husband and Ty served together in OIF rigth at the begining of the war. Ty and Anna are some of the best people I know. Always kind, loving and caring. Our children are the same age and Mason and my son our little buddies. My heart aches for them and my whole family prays constantly for them. I am so glad to have found this site as news over in Okinawa in not that fast. God bless them and everyone who is helping them.