Saturday, August 15, 2009

Through the Years - A Love Story

Tranquilla 2 - From the Back of Eddy Creek on Lake Barkley -

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. Honore de Balzac

In 1989 after Hurricane Hugo devastated our vacation to Pawley's Island, S.C., upon a recommendation from a friend we went to Tybee Island, Ga.

Tybee Island was very different in those days; it was still very much the "quirky" Key West of Georgia. Although much of that "quirkiness" is hidden behind the scenes now, much of that allure still exists for those of us who fit in.

We had the pleasure and honor of meeting and being befriended by Ann and Jim Knipe, a Pennsylvania transplant couple who have become my adopted parents.

This is their love story and it is a slice of my story about my love of this island, my friends, my wife and my dogs and all our friends that still hang out there.

It is rare in life when we can take the time to stop and reflect and share life and this is a small attempt on my part to do just that.

Below are photos from Ann and Jim's 50th anniversary, they have since celebrated their 60th (and when time permits I will load those photos as well). The photos are set to Kenny Rogers "Through the Years."

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Love, peace and grace, Dr. Darryl


No comments: