Monday, June 22, 2009

When God Helps Us To Smile

From Tranquilla II on the Back of Eddy Creek on Lake Barkley ---Now and then, I suspect when God thinks that we need it, (s)he will give us something to smile about even more than usual.

When we arrived home last night about midnight from Tybee Island to say we were tired would be an understatement - tired yet happy that we had had the opportunity to see our friends and enjoy the island again. I drove the first 9 hours and then Kay took over. I became the care-giver for Little Bit, who insists that he ride in the lap of the passenger and it makes no difference if it is me or Mom.

Little Bit, "the old man" of the pack having earned the title passed down to him by Stimpy, was most content to lie back and have his rotund tummy scratched or kick back and snore away and so was I. Max finally settled in once he realized that this was going to be a longer ride than usual.

This morning I went down to check on a "raft" that somehow has gotten placed on my lower deck to find "God's" latest surprise for us in the form of these smiling faces (this is not my photo it is one from
www.dcwild.com/mammals.htm but you get the idea?).

Sometimes we just need something to put a smile on our faces.

Love, peace and grace, Dr. D.

No comments: