Monday, June 1, 2009

On Being Friends - Vivian - My Dancing Queen

From Tranquilla II on the Back of Eddy Creek on Lake Barkley --- Have you ever met someone and just knew from the outset they would be a friend?


Such was the case with our dear friend Vivian Ortiz at Tybee Island, Ga., our home away from home and a friend that we met a few years ago at the dog park.


Such wonderful friendships I believe have something to do with mystical connection, as if maybe you have known them before, or the level of trust and rapport is so solid at the outset you just know they are your friend.


Vivian is the “mother” to “Sister,” one of Max and Little Bit’s buddies at the dog park. Her previous best buddies, Jackson and Max, transitioned a couple of years ago. We got to meet them. I even got to photograph them and many of you have seen their photos on my personal web site www.ldarrylarmstrong.com


Dog lovers know other dog lovers --- and that maybe part of the fascination that develops close friendships but not always.


I have come to believe that we bring people into our lives that we need and that need us. People that share common values, histories, happiness and heartbreak. Although we may not share common politics, religions or food tastes – then again we may. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Vivian is one of those dear souls that I have reconnected with from sometime in the past. I am grateful for that.


More so I am grateful to know such a talented artist --- she is a dancer. Not just any dancer, rather a committed, talented and dedicated dancer.


Now for those of you that know me I don’t dance well at all. Perhaps, I at one time fantasized about being John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever but that was truly a fantasy. My wife can attest to the reality of my inability to lead probably because I have always been following ;-)


When Vivian told me of her love of dance I had no idea until I had the privilege of seeing for myself on the two following You Tubes.


I told Vivian that I truly wanted her to dance at my Memorial service to set the stage for the celebration of a life and the understanding that we go through this one only once.


Graceful, exciting, sensual and joyful --- that would describe our friend Vivian as she expresses herself through her marvelous talent. Enjoy.


Love, peace and grace, Dr. D


"Dancing Queen"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc5m9BVEv9k&feature=related


From the Broadway Hit - "Chicago"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7cG0u0yyE






No comments: