Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kay Saves the Day!

From the Back of Lake Barkley on Eddy Creek - Our trip back home was as long as the trip to our beloved Tybee Island yet this year I did not have the remorse and unfulfilled feelings I often have.

We have made an arrangement with our new friends Vince and Junie and have rented their place called, and yes I am not kidding, "The Love Shack." Although we have privileges to come and go throughout the 12-months our work schedules will most likely only allow us to maybe "eek" out 6 of the 12 months from now until next April. However, you can bet I will be there as often as possible.

When we arrived at the cabin back home - Kay beat me by 30-minutes or so - I rolled into the lake to see a fire being fought down on the lake front of the property. It seems my Brother Jim's fire got out of hand. Kay saved the day with rakes and a water hose. Actually I am pleased that he had started the burn without me. There is a lot of work to be done, however, Nephew Jeremy and his co-worker Juan did a great job of cutting and stacking the tree tops.

Love, peace and grace, Dr. D




Kay and "The Boys" at our second home at Tybee Island.

1 comment:

sbentley@bellsouth/net said...

Hi Daryll and Kay- We miss ya at the Bark Park - look forward to seeing ya soon at Tybee - Hi Max and the Sheriff aka Little Bit..
Ace & Sue