Thursday, July 23, 2009

Semper Fi Lt. Col. Ty Edwards - Family, Friends and the Marines

From Chateau Amoire on Tybee Island --- Ty Edwards was in his early teens when I first met him back in the 1980s when I married into the family. However, I will always recall his fascination and interest in the military. He and I had a rather involved conversation about the Army, Special Forces and the Marines.

I suspect that Ty was a Marine in his heart long before he took the oath. Because no amount of talking would probably have convinced him that SF was equal to or better than the Marines.

It came as no surprise to me that Ty today is a Lt. Col. in the Marine Corps and that he, his wife, kids and family have had such exemplary support during his rehabilitation at the VA hospital in Tampa from his Marine Family.

There are reasons that the motto for the Marines is Semper Fi. If you want to read about Ty's remarkable progress and come back from the injury he sustained in Afghanistan, how all his family and the Marines have rallied around him and helped I recommend this article from the Tampa Veteran's Affair newsletter:





No comments: