Sunday, March 9, 2008

9 March 2008 - "I did this lecture really for only three people"

FROM THE BACK OF EDDY CREEK ON LAKE BARKLEY --- The snow that dumped about 6 inches here and there on us but never materialized into the massive winter storm predicted by our local weather forecasters is already beginning to melt away. In fact it is supposed to be in the 60s by Wednesday.

The three "boys" have enjoyed it especially Max, the Alaskan Malamute, who now thinks this is pretty good living. Stimpy is enjoying it at his own pace and does continue to take his daily walks with us when he chooses now. There are days when I can't get him to go at all. Little Bit is forever the be close kind of guy who has your back.

Today, I want to share with my readers two You Tube videos.

The first is from a friend of ours in southern Illinois whom we met doing some work for an engineering company down in Paducah. It seems that her son was brutally beaten by two young men all because they were jealous over the fact he was dating one of their former girl friends. These hoodlums left this young man to die in a park. The quick action of EMTs and medical personnel saved his life and the dedication of PTs in rehab has him on the road of struggle back to normalcy, whatever normalcy may be for him in the future continues on. The first video below is the current status of this brave young man Brady, his family, his caregivers and his belief and faith in God. I suspect you will find it as inspiring as I did.

Brady's Road to Recovery

This second video is truly important to me at this time in my life. On those days when I am really feeling about as depressed as I can get I need something like this to remind me of the delicate nature and real frailness of life. Yes, this is an Oprah video from a college professor whom we can all learn a great deal from about the true meaning of life and death. Peace be with you all.

The Last Lecture


Until next time.
Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
www.armstrongandassociates.org

No comments: