Monday, March 10, 2008

I will not apologize

FROM THE BACK OF EDDY CREEK ON LAKE BARKLEY --- I will not apologize. For those of you that know me, you know I am a patriot. I believe that is one of the things missing from many of our citizens today. I would lay down my life for my wife, my family, my dogs most likely and my country. I am a good ole southern boy and I am proud of it. I love my country, apple pie, the American Flag, my Momma, and my family and friends. I could be called a redneck and that would be okay because many members of my family are and were. Rednecks got their names from the sunburn that they often experienced around their necks from working in the fields.

Which leads me to share this next little ditty with you.

This is a video of the Cactus Cuties, they are very talented young ladies ranging in age from 8 to 13 and in this video are singing The Star Spangled Banner.

The performance was at the Texas Tech vs Texas basketball game January 20, 2008 in front of over 11,000 people.

The Cuties are Andi, Baylee, Blaire, Madeline and Tatum. The group is named for the Cactus Theater in Lubbock, Texas and are coached by Cami Caldwell.

I suspect this will bring on the goose bumps (and maybe tears) if you also are a patriot but that's okay.

This is the way our National Anthem should be sung!

Cactus Cuties

P.S. I can't watch a video like this without getting teary-eyed. I've always wondered what my daughter (Sirah Ilyana was going to be her name) would have had as a talent. I would have been proud of her talented or not. Certainly, her Daddy couldn't sing or play anything for sure. She would have been 21 years old this year.

Until next time.
Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
www.armstrongandassociates.org

No comments: