Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter With The Family - A Favorite Time Of The Year For My Mother

From Tranquilla II on the Back of Eddy Creek - Lake Barkley -- Easter was always a special time of the year for my Mother. Being a good southern cook and loving blooming flowers of spring time, she always looked forward to laying out a big dinner spread and having all her family over to enjoy the day. For many years I bought her a corsage for the day and in later years would send her flowers. Easter was the new beginning of the new year for Mother. It was the resurrection of life in more ways than just the Christian view. Easter meant to her that it was time to start her gardening and tend her flowers. I have missed her more at Easter and Christmas than most other times because it was at these times she expressed her joy for life.

This year Kay and I were invited over to Marvin and Cathy's for Easter dinner with some of my Mother's remaining cousins. This is that celebration in picture and music. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed producing it.

Love, peace and grace,

Dr. Darryl





No comments: