Wednesday, April 1, 2009

D-O-G spelled backwards - G-O-D - The Amazing Skidboot

From Tranquilla II on the Back of Eddy Creek - Lake Barkley --- Well, for those of you that know me well you have figured out that I am a dog lover. When my friend Paul at Tybee and then Tracy out in Denver sent me the Skidboot You Tube video I confess I got so wrapped up in catching up with work I didn’t look at it. However, I believe that the Universe (you can read God here if you wish) niggles you to eventually read and see those things that others think/feel you might just need.

As has always been the case in my life, I get those missives when I need them the most. Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the recliner with Little Bit and Max at my side resting up from the annual cancer checkup. This event is always draining on me because I always feel like I am William Tell’s son and waiting to see if the arrow hits the apple or me.

I am sure that I am as mentally exhausted after these events as I am physically exhausted. So, I like to come home and kick back with old BW horror movies from the 50s and just be numb for a while. Maybe it is my way of reaching back to a simpler and more enjoyable time of my life. I just don’t know. But it brings me great comfort.

Coming down from the tests and examination require me to not do anything terribly mentally and physically demanding for about 24-hours. As I sat in the chair yesterday it was rainy and cold and dreary, which it often is in Kentucky this time of year. Today, it is bright and sunny. Stay around here long enough and you get any weather you can imagine. I was feeling lonely and depressed and my thoughts went to my beloved Stimpy.

Today, as I am going through my e-mail in box there it is. Paul and Tracy’s video on Skidboot. And like so many things – I don’t think there are coincidences – I opened it and it warmed my heart and made my day.

So, if you have not seen this video here it is. I suspect as a fellow dog lover it will warm you heart as well.

Have you ever wondered about God’s sense of humor – maybe, just maybe God was being dyslexic when he made d-o-g?

Thanks Paul and Tracy. Thanks for being there with such an uplifting and comforting reminder to take every day as it comes and to appreciate what we have in our lives.

(If you need to cut and paste here is the link:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BfzUIBy9A

Until next time my friends.

Love, peace and grace, Dr. D

1 comment:

A Single Cell said...

I always love reading your thoughts Uncle Darryl, and they never fail to bring a smile to my face. Glad you enjoyed watching the story about Skidboot. I had a feeling you would like it. Hope the results from the cancer follow-up is the good news we all hope for.

Love you! Tracy