Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving thanks

Tybee Island, Georgia --- The sun has hidden itself behind gray clouds and there are periodic sprinkles of rain yet I could not be more thankful this Thanksgiving.

We had a good deer hunt at the farm this year. Marvin got him a 9 point buck. Two new and dear friends Bill and Matt got meat. Jeremy got to hunt. Mitch and Richard, Elmer and Logan, Farrin and Bennie all enjoyed the event. Logan, Elmer's 4-year old grandson actually grunted up his first buck for Elmer.

My friends are all well. Traci remains healthy and is having good checkups. My next checkup is January and I am feeling just fine. Kay came through her surgery and has recovered nicely.

Sadly, my Brother Bob is in the process of watching his Dad pass over this Thanksgiving and yet we all acknowledge and understand the cycle of life. Watching our parents move over is not easy even if we are prepared for it and I suspect that we never are.

Today, I am thankful for having dear friends such as Ann and Jim Knipe here at Tybee,who have invited me and Kay into their family, my own loving family, abundance beyond my expectations and for the privilege of living in the land of the free and the home of the brave --- a cliche for some --- a way of life for many of us.

May your Thanksgiving be as blessed as ours and May God Bless you and your family. May God Bless our troops and their families and keep them safe as well.

Until next time.

Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
ARMSTRONG and Associates

Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit Ask BlinkList blogmarks Google Ma.gnolia Netscape RawSugar Rojo Shadows Simpy Socializer Spurl StumbleUpon Tailrank Technorati Windows Live Wists Yahoo! Help

No comments: