Thursday, November 15, 2007

It’s cold tonight in Kentucky

It’s cold in Kentucky tonight. But it is a comfortable 101 degrees in the hot tub. I have just come in from sitting out there looking at the stars and enjoying the crispness of the approaching winter and enjoying a Bourbon on the rocks.


Lake Barkley is quiet tonight. The Interstate is also quiet. Sometimes it’s not very quiet when the wind and atmosphere is just right it can be down right noisy.

My “boys” are now all in the office. Stimpy, the wolf dog named for a cat, is sound asleep. Little Bit, the Bischon is curled up next to him. Max, the Alaskan Malamute is “talking” to me about wanting a bone or something to chew on.

My dogs are among my best friends. It has been said that if you have three good friends in your life you are lucky.

One of my best friends Bert, my ole-hunting buddy, died on me. I still miss him after six years. We are in the middle of hunting season right now. After all these years I am trying to revive the tradition that I had for 35-years. I keep trying. Maybe one day it will work again.

For sure my boys – especially Stimpy -- are my best friends. They never judge me. They never are at a loss to comfort me when I need it most. Stimpy kept me from committing suicide – it is that simple. I wouldn’t be here today writing this without the “ole man” and I am grateful for that.

And I am grateful for Chuck Howell, an old TVA friend, for sending me this video and if you are a dog lover I believe you will enjoy it as much as I did. See it below.





Until next time.

Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
ARMSTRONG and Associates


Spread the word



del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit Ask BlinkList blogmarks Google Ma.gnolia Netscape RawSugar Rojo Shadows Simpy Socializer Spurl StumbleUpon Tailrank Technorati Windows Live Wists Yahoo! Help

No comments: