Thursday, December 27, 2007

Best Wishes to All - Stimpy Update

LAKE BARKLEY ON THE BACK OF EDDY CREEK BAY --- Cloudy and brisk today here at Lake Barkley. The boys and I got a good walk this morning although I had to drag Little Bit out of bed and Stimpy's stamina is getting worn I believe. He is sleeping, not complaining and the other two dogs are curled up as well. Max senses something amiss and is staying very close today.

I can't thank all of you enough that continue to inquire about Stimpy and all the family. Stimpy and I both are trying to hold our own. He continues to "teach" me even as his life energy begins to wane. Last evening with Kay gone to her family's Christmas I had to share a king bed with all three who gave me exactly 12 inches of bed! All the boys snuggled close so we just read well into the morning. I am reading although hesitantly at this time Rescuing Sprite by Mark Levin.

My friend Lynn Beckman sent me the following and I find each quote especially poignant. Enjoy.

Loyal Friend
The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog... When all other friends desert, he remains.

George Graham Vest
from an 1884 speech to the U.S. Senate

Devotion
I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.
Doris Day

Old Friends
Their youthful years have slipped away,
The old man and his dog.
They have a special bonding
That needs no dialogue.

The chase is just a memory,
But how they used to run
When hearts and legs were stronger
And games were such great fun.

Now the pace is slower
for the master and his mate.
If one lags too far behind
The other stops to wait.

Some things we cannot change
Like aging and the weather,
But true friends are quite content
Just growing old together.

C. David Hay

Until next time.
Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
www.ARMSTRONGandAssociates.org

No comments: