Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An interview with Dr. Darryl Part 3

HJDS – Who are some of the people in your life that have made significant impacts on you and your philosophy?

DrD – Women? My first grade teacher Mrs. Crenshaw, my third grade teachers Mrs. Jones and my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Cunningham. I was very blessed that each of them inspired me to be a life-long learner. In college Mrs. Bradley contributed a great deal to that inspiration as well. Ms. Bowling, Ms Driskill, Ms Horne, Ms Bourne and Ms Eaton-Miller also greatly contributed to my understanding of life, love and self.

Men? Bill Brown, my high school principal; Gid Shelby Pool, the publisher and editor of the newspaper where I worked through high school; Joe Tom Erwin, my mentor and employer in college; Bert Ballard, my long-time best friend; Bob Maxwell, a dear friend and colleague; and Jim Knipe, my adopted father at Tybee Island and finally I would say President Ronald Reagan, who returned my dignity and made me feel a part of America once again.

Perhaps in some way each of these folks helped me see something a little different and that reflects even today in my writing and photography. Speaking of which the following photo is one of those that has haunted me every since I took it June 13, 2005. I think it is the light and shadows, remember I believe that we all have a light and dark side and this photo depicts it the best of any I have ever taken. This was in Yosemite somewhere in the redwoods.



To be continued...

Until next time.
Dr. Darryl
L. Darryl Armstrong
http://www.armstrongandassociates.org/

No comments: